Our Church

Father
Ransom Church

Our Bishop

Jesus
Most.Rev.Peter Remigius

Parish Priest

Asst Father
Rev. Fr. Leon S. Henson

Mile Stones

18th Century
1798
The Car was constructed
19th Century
1833
The second Car was constructed
1862
Kanyakumari was established as a separate parish
1898
St. Joseph’s Primary School 
1900
Laying Foundation for the New Church /The Church Bells were imported from Italy.
20th Century
1911
Building was constructed for the Primary School
1914
New Church was dedicated
1917
Flag Mast was erected
1921
English Medium Middle School was established
2005
The Statue of Fatima visited Kanyakumari
1953
English Medium was converted into Tamil Medium School 
1955
The Golden Cross was erected
1956
Front Elevation of the church was completed
1957
The Church was completed
1969
The convent of Bon Secures was opened  
1981
Ungradation into Higher Secondary School 
1992
New building was constructed for the Primary School
1988
The House of Brothers of Theresa was opened
2000
The Church at Anjukottuvillai was opened /The Convent of Sister of St. Anne was opened
21st Century
2003
The convent of Theresian Carmel was opened
Aug-03
Our Lady of Ransom Community Hall
 
2004
Our Lady of Ransom Market, Pillar Hospital was opened, Indian Bank, Our Lady of Ransom Boat Yard, The Cars were renovated and the Church Yard was expanded
2005
Computer Centre/ Tailoring Centre/ Resource Centre/ Nehru Yuva Kendra Building/ Driving School/ Parish Council Hall/ Parish Council Hall/ Sea Shell Production unit/
Ranson Special School/ Fr. John Bonal Technical Training Institute/ Infant Jesus English Medium School/ First Aid centre/ Museum/ Ice Plant/ St. Antony’s HSS Building/ Creech for Children/ Play Ground for the Youth
2006
The Golden Jubilee was celebrated
2010
Opening of Parish House